Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #39
yak merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I believe CJ asked (in reply #27) that if one wanted to discuss the matter further, to do so in off-topic, where it rightly belongs. A very reasonable request, in my opinion. Usually, when people don't honor reasonable requests such as that one, the only recourse is to delete any off-topic replies that continue to be submitted into the affected thread. If it was me who made that request, I would have simply deleted Indulto's follow-up....but everyone knows that CJ is a nicer guy than I would ever hope to be....

In closing, I would suggest that CJ's actions were quite appropriate, even given his statement that the deleted text did not personally offend him. CJ is a moderator, and acted upon the knowledge that the deleted text DID OFFEND a fellow board member. Now, given that this deleted text in question had nothing to do with horse racing, and was ultimately little more than a silly side note, I find it rather amusing that this much time and energy has been wasted arguing against its ultimate demise.

I find it amusing also, and don't really care one way or another, and I'm sure this post will be long gone. However Mr. PA you walk a slippery slope. Removing a post because one person is offended? Holy-politically correct. In that case I'm thinking that since you called my side note silly. And silly can mean feeble minded, I'm offended that you make light of the mentally handicapped. I hope a more sensitive moderator removes your post.
yak merchant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most