Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 08:06 PM   #5439
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Light, may I ask what type of meditation you practice?
When I was 20 (I'm 65 now) I was introduced to meditation techniques by an Indian Guru who shall remain nameless. They included techniques for the internal experience of breath, (vibration) Light, music and nectar. I really struggled with the techniques and felt I wasn't getting anywhere but also felt that meditation is the right path to discover who I am. As the Guru said, "Its just you going within you". But i couldn't find me.

Over the years I realized a couple of the techniques (music and nectar) were never productive for me because I felt uncomfortable doing them. So I stopped doing those. This gave me more time for the two techniques I still do today which are the Breath (vibration), the main one, and Light.

The breath/vibration technique is very simple and is the oldest form of meditation which is simply focusing on your breath and ignoring thoughts. The Light technique I modified from what I was taught as it too was a bit uncomfortable, But the modified Light technique I use now is more productive and comfortable. That entails focusing on your Pineal Gland.

So here is my "homemade" version of meditation today. It involves a combination of the Breath and the Light. At first I though this modification was "heresy" until I heard another spiritual leader say that he too modified his meditation until he found what worked for him.

This modification was my own but partially taught to me by a very enlightened being that shall also remain nameless. I have no problem revealing it because it's more the "work" and discipline rather than the technique that will get someone to their destination.

Breathe only through your nose. On inhaling focus your incoming breath on you heart Chakra. The enlightened one taught me that on exhaling, focus your breath on your third eye Chakra as your breath is moving right underneath the Pineal Gland area. Notice this keeps your mind busy switching its attention from the Heart to the head chakras which gives your mind less time to distract you with its thoughts, so you can reach a state of transcendence.

So in the initial breath, you are summoning your love and in exhaling,your love is turning into wisdom through Light. This is different than many who say that when exhaling you are expelling toxins from your body. To me that makes no sense even though they too inhale to the heart Chakra. It would seem if you just inhaled into your heart you wouldn't exhale "toxins",you'd exhale Love. But I think those meditations are more for superficial relaxation techniques rather than meditation designed for self exploration. I meditate everyday religiously 40 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. I made it a priority over everything else including work for the last 10 years or so. The heavenly sensations of a love I never knew before that seem like what Jesus was talking about started about 5 or 6 years ago and have gradually increased. But I'm certain I've only experienced the very tip of the iceberg.

I know you said you do a "mantra" and there is a friend I know who teaches "mantra meditation" to various organizations for a living. I do not like that approach because it activates my mental faculties in order to chant the mantra. But we have had long discussions and realized that regardless of the different meditation techniques, they both reach the same desired goal or effect in the end. This is similar to different religions with different approaches but ending up in the same Divine destination.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)