Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #5433
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, again...I ask: Is the object (goal, purpose, objective) to God's love to get people to feel his love?
Understood.

No, the "purpose" of God's love is not "to get people to feel it". That's like saying the purpose of water is to get people to drink it. Makes no sense. You drink it because you NEED it.

Like water, we NEED God's love because God is our source. Our nature is beings of love because we were created by an infinite being of love . We have an innate need for exchanging human and Divine love with others and ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And the fact that you have no interest in sharing God's love through the gospel of forgiveness with others in this world tells me that it's quite likely you have never been forgiven.
Love has nothing to do with religion. Religion takes a few of its good qualities from love, not the other way around. So when I treat someone with love rather than religion, I do a far greater service to them than religion can.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)