Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 08:49 AM   #5431
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
My "beliefs" comes from my experience. And my experience does fit that quote.

First of all God's love is not an "object". It is an internal experience without borders. An "object" is generally external and with defined borders.
Another one with a reading comp problem. You were incapable of understanding the meaning of the term "object" in the context in which I used it?

Main Entry:1ob£ject
Pronunciation:**b-jikt, -(*)jekt
Function:noun
Etymology:Middle English, from Medieval Latin objectum, from Latin, neuter of objectus, past participle of obicere to throw in the way, present, hinder, from ob- in the way + jacere to throw— more at OB-, JET
Date:14th century

1 a : something material that may be perceived by the senses *I see an object in the distance* b : something that when viewed stirs a particular emotion (as pity) *look to the tragic loading of this bedT the object poisons sight; let it be hid— Shakespeare*
2 : something mental or physical toward which thought, feeling, or action is directed *an object for study* *the object of my affection* *delicately carved art objects*

3 a : the goal or end of an effort or activity : PURPOSE, OBJECTIVE *their object is to investigate the matter thoroughly* b : a cause for attention or concern *money is no object*
4 : a thing that forms an element of or constitutes the subject matter of an investigation or science
5 a : a noun or noun equivalent (as a pronoun, gerund, or clause) denoting the goal or result of the action of a verb b : a noun or noun equivalent in a prepositional phrase
synonyms see INTENTION
–ob£ject£less \-l*s\ adjective
–ob£ject£less£ness noun

Note definition 3 which I have bolded to call it to your attention to your lazy mind. So, again...I ask: Is the object (goal, purpose, objective) to God's love to get people to feel his love?

Quote:
Secondly it's not my job to bring others to God's Love. God's Love will manifest within people when they are ready. Nor am I allowed to interfere in God's timing of when people turn to him.
Really? Who told you it wasn't your job to obey God's commands? The devil? You think you abide in God's love which only shows the depth of your self-deception.

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
NASB

The fact that you have zero desire to serve God and be faithful to him betrays your words. And the fact that you have no interest in sharing God's love through the gospel of forgiveness with others in this world tells me that it's quite likely you have never been forgiven. Learn what Jesus is teaching in Lk 7:36-50.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)