Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #19
AMPHAR

1. You are in a good spot. Keep reading this board and you'll pick up some good ideas.

2. Keep records and notes. Reviewing PPs after the day's races with your bets/selections against the Charts is very valuable, IMO. It first will tell you how good you are at selecting contenders. Then it can also you clue you in on valuable data by trying to figure out how you could include the horse that hit the board but wasn't on your contender list.

3. I've gotten to the point, I ignore Prime Power until reviewing PPs the day after. I use them as a guide to judge how well I'm selecting contenders.

All the data points from Bris PPs are useful. I typically start with trying to figure out how the race will look at 2nd call. Then go through the exercise of which horse benefits etc.

4. Specialize is a good idea. Either by type of race, track or bet. This goes along with keeping records. What bets are you good at? Then you can mold your contender selection towards that.

At the end of the day everyone has similar information. You are basically trying to smash several data points together in a useful way to find contenders that don't figure to the majority. (Point being there isn't a magic bullet data point on the PPs and the more unique you develop your style of handicapping the better it will be)

With favorites ITM nearing 40% it's clear the game has gotten tougher.

Last edited by AMPHAR; 06-02-2020 at 01:04 PM.
AMPHAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)