Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:35 AM   #30
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Given how close we are to D day, forum traffic is way down. I stopped following the trail, waste of time until the 50pt start. if the 50 and 100 pts are win and your in, why bother
Plus too much coincidence or hanky-panky (depending on one's perspective) in recent years. Justify belated SA DQ, Maximum Security Derby DQ, The late running COVID Derby, Medina Spirit with Jimmy Barnes cocktails, D Lukas scratch at the deadline getting Rich Strike in there, the bizarre sequence of events within 48 hours of the start last year where Lord Miles and Forte were forced to be pulled plus Practical Move and Skinner caught a cold.

It always was kind of hard to take the handicapping the race too seriously until after the big preps. Also, while I try to not put too much emphasis on the draw, it does have some impact on capping potential scenarios. And, after the last couple years, it's hard to take capping the race very seriously until the morning of the race.

I like Fierceness a lot here and Sierra Leone is probably a solid #2 but if one or both don't run then it changes complexion of tickets dramatically from a pyramid style to a caveman style since I don't see much separation below that pair.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom