Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #25
lamboguy

i was in Vegas the week of the McNeely Tyson fight. Showtime had a deal that if the fight doesn't go 4 rounds you get your money back.

the fight line is Tyson -3500.

i see Vinney Vecchione who was McNeely's trainer. he was also a horse trainer at some point of time. he comes up to me and asks me if i can get down on the under for him at the sport books. i told him to take a hike.

i wound up betting it myself knowing Vinnie's as a double crosser. Showtime or someone associated with the fight had to say something to Tyson to make sure he doesn't split that kids head open until at least the 4th round.

the fight starts and sure as hell, 30 seconds into the fight Vecchione gets cute and throws his white towel into the ring and the referee stops the fight.

when i had placed my bet at the Mirage at the time, Jimmy Vaccaro came up to me and said he was loaded on the over and that i could bet as much as i wanted on under without moving the number!

the only ones that won on the fight were the sports books, Showtime had to lose a lot of money and i have no idea if Tyson got paid the full $6 million for the fight.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)