Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 12:46 PM   #28
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if you go to Home Depot and buy a Siemons valve or other brands or faucets, often times you are buying goods that have plastic in the inside. you go to a plumbing supply house you don't get plastic, but you pay more. same thing with Romex, there are different grades of the stuff

I haven't bought plumbing fixtures yet, I am probably 75% re-piped, including the well run. I bounced between Lowes and HD. The Apollo brand 1/4 turn valves I bought are USA made and are all metal, no plastic. I probably have put in 10 of them so far. The Chinese shit is to be avoided, I have a machine shop and have always done my own shop, home installations and repairs including helping friends and family.

I am well aware of what a high quality product looks like and their value.
What pisses me off is when I cannot get quality. I cannot find a fan motor of quality to put in the shop attic fan, just Chinese garbage. They are lucky to last two years, the fan is currently out of commission. I no longer belong on roofs. I can change the motor by just going up an 8 foot ladder and standing in a loft I built, inside the shop.

As for electrical cable commonly known by the brand name Romex. I never use the higher grade stuff for direct burial, my battered hands hate stripping that stuff, I use the indoor inside of gray PVC straight run only connected on each end. I also use a sand cushion in the trenches, 6-12" top and bottom.

Believe it or not the last idiot that worked on the well here before me did a direct burial of indoor Romex and wire nutted 4 sections together. The shop built in 2020 is nice, the 10 wooded acres with a creek running through it and a river 1/2 mile away are great. The house built in 1981 is a pile of shit with not much good about it.

I force myself to do jobs I hate and am slow at due to father time kicking my 63 year old ass. The reason being I figure the decedents of the people who built this house now work the local construction trades. There are plenty of people my age and up that lived their whole lives here.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom