Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #17
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
Hey, Matt! I did not mean to make a negative post - just the voice of caution based only on my experience. In fact your posts and work-up are really interesting and I am going to take a deep dive into this portfolio.

I'm sure you've looked at this a lot of different ways but I took a look at the races that are "proceed with great [extreme] caution" and found them to be profitable with 35 bets and 5 winners. I only looked at June 1- 16 because I'm doing it manually so it's a small small small sample - but all of this is very promising.

Thanks for sharing and discussing your work.

Best, Frank
Hi Frank,

I will give you a hint, eliminate any stakes race or MSW race, through 6 months this year that decreased total bets from 232 to 204 and did not eliminate a single winner. This actually makes sense because stakes quality horses run well off layoffs all the time and layoffs are a big part of antivalue. MSW are stakes quality horses in a lot of cases.

I have never tried this on orange races, have always eliminated them, but I may have to look into that if what you found holds true.

I also have to do this manually so it is very time consuming. I didnt think your post was negative, I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that I didnt just post this out of the blue, I have looked at it for several years, so what I say has definitely held true in the past, but its horseracing so as we all know to well, the past doesnt always predict the future. Best of luck.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most