Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #7813
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Ok so my purpose is to glorify god...that’s kind of limiting isn’t it?
A whole universe of possibllity waiting out there to explore...and my purpose is to glorify god...? So what does that look like...? What does the average day of god-glorifying imager consist of...? Frankly, I would rather take care of the father-less and widows...
Taking care of the "father-less and widows" would be a great place to start, as long as you're doing it to glorify God. But if you have other motives, then not so much.

I think 1 Corinthians 10 is pretty self-explanatory. For example, eating and drinking are everyday, "mundane" activities -- yet, even in those seemingly little things, we should glorify God -- with our thanksgiving, with our gratitude, with praise for his goodness by supplying our needes, etc. And the text goes on to say -- "in whatever you do". That's limiting!?

The central purpose to life is to live for God. We do that when we honor him, trust him, love him, be faithful to him, be loyal to him, commune with him and enjoy his presence in our life, etc. God desires to have a genuine relationship with those whom has had made in his image.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)