Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Topcat

Tom, Agree with you on all points. We may make Greece look good after 4 more years of this.
It is a sad commentary to me on how so many people can think about voting for Obama given his performance. Doesn't seem to matter. Pose for a few photo ops in NJ and he's a leader? For anyone who has been around a presidential visit you know the visit does nothing but cause disruption due to security etc.
The decision to vote for Obama seems to be driven by emotion, race and an attitude of don't confuse me with facts. I personally am waiting to see the outcome tomorrow to decide whether I open another business or not. If Obama wins=Not.

There is one thing that is clear, either the national polls are wrong or a fair amount of the state polls are-running the state poll numbers that NY Times, former Daily Kos blogger Nate Silver uses and then plugging in the actual numbers over 2004 and 2008 for % the other states for Republicans/Dems would project to give Obama about a 5-6 point win on national scale almost as large as last time-contrary to actual national polls showing it tied-e.g. I couldn't find poll numbers for some states like Alaska or Hawaii but you can punch in % based on last election and population so either the state polls are way over sampling Dems or the National polls are understating-there simply aren't enough voters to make up the difference in the other states-unless you think NY and MA will be close (they won't be). The difference I believe has to do with the tighness of the screens-live and likely voter polls always cost more, that is why even Gallup early on does registered voters and some of the state polls merely use an automated phone machine-you don't even know if the person responding is over 18 with a machine poll.

Now Nate selectively chooses polls and the early voting returns from some states like Colorado actually have more Republicans voting as of this am so his methodology is suspect-sort of like how Barry Meadow says some handicappers "lawyer" a case for their horse-only looking a the positives-we should find out soon enough-of course this all ignores voter fraud being rampant like this:

North Carolina Man Brags About Voting for Obama Four Times-
This is simply amazing. Jim Turner an Obama supporter in North Carolina, brags on Facebook that he has already voted for Obama four times, and plans on hitting another polling place before he’s done. Read the rest here: http://thespeechatimeforchoosing.wor...-1-more-to-go/

or like this

OHIO: MORE VOTING PROBLEMS AS BALLOTS CAST FOR ROMNEY COME UP OBAMA. All Votes Count For Obama.
Wed Oct 31 2012 0801 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) • by Red Badger • 20 replies
Drudge ^ | 10-31-2012 | Staff
http://www.marionstar.com/article/20...nclick_check=1 Link only via Drudge..
Voters reported that when they cast their vote for Romney it came up Obama. Votes cast for Obama came up for Obama

or this:

OVER 3000, 112 YR. OLD ? VOTERS HAVE CAST BALLOTS IN NC
Mon Oct 29 2012 1010 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) • by jacknhoo • 24 replies
http://www.carolinatransparency.com/ ^ | 10/29/2012 | Carolina Transparency
2012 GENERAL ELECTION - 112 YEAR OLD VOTERS ? - NORTH CAROLINA - Votes Cast: 3,075 IN THIS GROUP THEIR PARTY AFFILIATION IS APPROX. 70% D / 30% R / 10% UNAFFILIATED - THE REAL CONCERN IS THERE IS NOT THAT MANY 112 YEAR OLDS ALIVE. IT DOES NOT TELL WHO THEY'VE VOTED FOR BUT IT APPEARS TO BENEFIT OBAMA.
__________________________________________________ _______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Obama may well win.
If he does, we all lose.
We are 16 Trillion in debt now and his own people say that will rise to 20 trillion by 1016. That means probably 24 trillion.

How do we ever sustain that crushing debt?
Answer - we don't.

This is a serious as it gets.
We don't come back from another 4 years. We might not come back the last four. Unless it is as Greece II.

Romney may not be the best man for the job, but he most assuredly is the better one.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most