Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Why I hate TVG
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #14
ultracapper

The chatter is unbearable, they pat each other on the back all the way up to post time, never challenging each other. Paul gives you his pick, and 5 other horses that "have a look", Simon tells him "sure, your horse has a shot", Todd throws out some fantasy based on a decent 3/8s of a mile move in a race 4 back and how if the horse does that today, he could make some noise, and the other 2 don't say anything other than, "yeah, he could have a chance". I think the reason Nick Hines is gone is because Matty got tired of being told his choice wasn't going to do a thing. They are all useless. I can predict about 70% of the time which horse the kid is going to land on, his handicapping is so rudimentary.

But the worst of it all is they take absolutely no responsibility for the horses they promote. Time after time all three of them, regardless of which three it is, will beat on a favorite and say time and again, this horse really looks tough here, and after he gets beat, not mention a thing about it, as if they never even discussed the horse. The last race Saturday at SA, Smith, who was having a big day, was riding the 7/5 favorite. They couldn't get out of their own way talking this thing up, and after the race when it was nowhere, they made absolutely no mention of it. Zero. Absolutely zero. There was a race the previous week where they went on and on about how this horse was going to wire the field. The whole 20 minutes before the race was discussing if anything could go with it. Was there even a reason to look at anything else in the race? Every comment was how to bet under this sure thing wire to wire winner. Not only did the horse not win, not only was the horse not even a part of the race, but it broke about 6th and never even got within smelling distance of the lead. I mean right out of the gate, the horse was done. Not only was this frustrating because of the constant blabber about the horse, but to insist that the horse was going to get the front in that field without so much as the tiniest competiton from anybody else was so far off the mark, it was embarrassing. I can forgive poor handicapping, and this was the epitome of it, but then just moving on as if they never even considered the horse as part of the field, was just irresponsible to their viewing audience. Then about 30 seconds later, they're trying to get you to sign up for this or that so you can view their "expert" selections on the web site. The whole damn crew is guilty of it. They are horrid.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)