Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #37
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
Why? My comment is about the ridiculous nature of dismissing everything and anything the 'other side' says just because you can find some association that shows them acting poorly - in this case a century ago. It is asinine.

Edited because I can lump the similar theory of suddenly accepting some poor behavior that you chastised the 'other side' about and now somehow can excuse by noting that the 'other side' did it and so yeah baby we are just playing by their rules. Not relevant to what you posted, but related and equally stupid.

However, I did not dismiss everything and anything FanDan said solely on political party lines. I gave specifics framed in a historical perspective.

Political parties are based in ideology and the Dem party has been steeped in identity politics and racism for a very long time. People who adhere to identity politics have no moral ground, on which, to lecture us. That was my first point and then I backed up my assertion that FanDan lacked moral authority and intellectual authority to lecture us as he did not understand the difference between a racist presidential and congressional action, based on identity politics (Japanese Americans being racially different) against U.S. citizens and a presidential action directed towards foreign nationals living on foreign soil in the name of national defense.

So yes political parties are everything when someone wants to claim the moral and intellectual high ground, while actually using that political parties talking points about national defense and the politics of defending the country against foreign threats.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 06-26-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)