Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Huntress Helena
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
She's unreal. It's unreal that they keep show plunging on her and she keeps hitting the board in every 2f race. There has to be another start like September 28, 2015 coming soon though... Also, at some point father time catches up to everyone.
There are classier horses at other tracks whose trainers could jack them up and probably beat Huntress Helena-my guess is more than a few. But the monetary incentive just isn't there.

Her best asset in a matchup with a potentially faster rival would be her good habits and professional conduct. She breaks cleanly and keeps a straight course. She just doesn't beat herself. And that's HUGE at 440. She was originally purchased, btw, for a mere 2k.

The next round of 2-furlong races will be written under starter/alw conditions complete with penalty clause.

It has crossed my mind to blog about her, but it's such an obvious topic..and Pete and I have beaten it to death on the feed.

If she seems even a bit more invincible than usual these days, I would attribute that to Rex Stokes. He's unreal from the gate and has mad skills. Skills perhaps squandered throughout a career that should have been epic.

Last edited by mountainman; 07-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement