Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000 View Post
$60 in the red on BB's...Mcfoolery fooled me.

Best Bet for today, Friday May 26....$20 W/P
Scioto R10.......#3 Cantab Lindy-4/1.........Wrenn, Ronnie Jr
OPEN II,... POST POSITIONS MAY BE ASSIGNED C.PAGE LISTED 2-7
(I don't know what the "Listed 2" means, draw?... Infiniti As is assigned pp7)
Short 7 horse field, but all contenders.

Cantab gets a driver change from Pantaleano to R Wrenn and post relief from last week's Open II
Also playing double Wrenns (Pete/Ron) in the Exacta box, 1-3

Other possibles, (not tracking these)
Western Fair R9..#4 Top Royal-9/2.................Shepherd, Robert H

The BigM R9......#6 Hes An American-4/1.......Miller, David
The BigM R10.....#6 Macjestic Toddy N-6/1....Callahan, Corey

Yonkers R8.......#4 Prejudice-9/1...................Dube, Daniel

Mohawk R5........#5 Dreamfair Mesa-5/1.......Macdonald, James A

Hawthorne R6.....#7 Jj'S Ken-5/1..................Warren, Ridge

Best of Luck on Best of Bets to all
At first blush, the BigM on Friday looks like chalk heaven. But under closer scrutiny I see some sub-even money favorites who might have longshot competition.

Race 1 -- Another Dave Brower qualifier miss might produce a longshot here. (4) ROSESAREEXPLOSIVE 10-1 has a charted break in the qualifier. Brower adds to the mistake by acknowledging the break in his program analysis. The fact is, the filly broke because the horse in front of her broke. It was clearly an interference break. Of course, this does not guarantee that this 3yo filly trotter making her first start of the year will stay flat, but based on her 2yo form, and Tetrick staying with her over two other choices, the value is there over the obvious favorites, 1 and 6.

Race 2 -- May be looking at 1-9 on 3yog (6) EVERY WAY OUT. It sure looked like Tetrick was looking over at Miller and laughing as he went by easily -- and this is exactly the same field. If all odds were equal, you would bet the 6 with both hands. But (5) PRAIRIE MCDREAMY (5) sure had a lot of pace from way back and the price is right. And can Miller's horse (2) DEO GALILEO improve enough in his third start to turn the tables?

If the 1-6 double comes in, it will pay less than $4.

Race 5 -- Another big fave (8) GLITZY GAL who won for fun. However, Svansdedt actually pulled the pocket early with (1) ICE ATTRACTION as if he thought he could beat ARIANA G last week. She broke. Two other longshots are not ridiculous in the race (5) DREAM BABY DREAM (10-1) loaded with trot getting out late last week and (6) EVELYN (12-1) who was a personal fave of mine last year and was short in her first start. Again, a big fave to try to beat.

Race 6 -- Another potential 1-9 shot looms. It is (2) WHAT THE HILL. (1) KING OF THE HILL was backing up against him BEFORE he broke last week. Does that make him a value throwout for the $4 exacta. Maybe. But this week he adds lasix, and more importantly, adds Brian Sears. Let's see where the value lies.

Don't like either of your Big M horses. But the horse I like in the 9th are the two faves (1) and (3) so you get some value. And I think your "longshot" in the 10th will be overbet. Looking at 2, 4 or 5.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)