Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: W O W ! ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 02:51 PM   #360
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
It's a ton of work. To the extent I can automate it I have (and continue improving on that process). But I still spend more time buried in charts, replays & the PPs of the horses that were in past races than anything else.

I don't disregard time as a factor, but I try to avoid it.

What I do works as well or better than time in stakes races. When I try to combine it with time, it improves the quality of my analysis a bit, but it hurts the prices because everyone else has figures and no one else has what I have.

Time becomes more significant to me in races where I an unsure of the quality of the horses, which is usually lightly raced horses.
Fair enough. I think there was too much time being spent on the delta, like it was some hidden gem. It is the same exact thing as total just expressed a different way.

As for the fat man's post, he compared two races at the same distance. My examples clearly mentioned races at different distances. Is running 20 extra meters at 1600m the same as running 20 extra meters at 2000m? Of course not, that is the point I was trying to make.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)