Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #15
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Dont the jockeys have a riding crop, or something like that, they're supposed to use in these situation?
I don’t bother following it but I think that’s optional and many don’t carry for fear of getting crap after the fact. Of course, today I bet a double involving the Haskell and regretted it after watching that. But that was a bad situation because it was obvious he wasn’t clear when he came in. It was a total clip job. Plus, a competitive horse like this one probably shifted by instinct to eyeball the leader. That’s why I thought all along if the jockeys don’t like the new rule, it’s probably a bad rule. The thing is using a whip to get that horse to not come in (lean on the competition) for a few more strides is the most humane thing for everyone out there. Like I said , I’m not a jockey but an educated guess tells me that a good portion of them think this new rule is dumb and ……… dangerous. Something like that will make them think twice, even on the big money days. Riders see something like that, the money doesn’t matter .

Last edited by burnsy; 07-17-2021 at 08:19 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)