Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 03:37 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

How embarrassing I had to look up tinplate. I don't think I recall hearing that term before.

He believes NAFTA, signed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, essentially made it hard for companies like Weirton Steel, which had to follow strict and expensive Environmental Protection Agency guidelines, to compete with places like Mexico. The towns all up and down the Steel Valley died hard.

That is why pretty much no one in management in a manufacturing facility is a Democrat. In 30 years in business I have never had a customer speak liberalism. The ITT division I worked went the way of the tinplate plant. When I started working there in 1987 it had over 3,000 employees, the head count kept getting whittled away. When my friend who died at 57 worked there in 2016 they were down to 300. The guy died 6 months before he and his family
were going to flee Ca for NC. Somewhere between 2016 and now the place was shuttered. Combine the EPA with local SoCal regulations, you have a giant PITA. We had a full time compliance officer. They kept taking away our chemicals. Most people do not know you can't use everything you find at the hardware store in a manufacturing facility in Ca. Paint thinner is a no no.
I think back in Ca, Safety Kleen is about the only degreaser allowed.
In the city limits they will use the fire department to pull surprise inspections.

Multi unit industrial complexes and large stand alone facilities are prime targets.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.