Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Rapid Redux
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #606
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I posted the above comment a while back...and you elected to only select and respond to the first sentence...and your response was that this "take it easy on him, today is not his day...we have a better spot for him coming up"..." scenario does not happen as often as I think it does.

Fine...

The question is...should it happen AT ALL!

From a bettor's standpoint, isn't this a bigger cause for concern than the Rapid Redux affair...which is unlikely to repeat itself in our lifetime?

How often do we see a jockey fail to give even a vigorous handride to his mount during the stretch run of a race? It is so common...we don't even bother talking about it anymore.

Is that acceptable?

Isn't THAT a bigger cause for concern -- FOR THE HORSEPLAYER -- than the Rapid Redux affair?

THIS is my point, in a nutshell!

The horseplayer is fighting his OWN battle...and he should be primarily concerned with issues that affect him DIRECTLY!

He cannot afford to be distracted by issues like the one involving Rapid Redux...because then he loses FOCUS...and he forgets what the MAJOR issues are...as far as HE is concerned.

There are so many more pressing concerns...which cost the horseplayer MONEY...and which relegate Rapid Redux to the bottom of the list.
No, it shouldn't happen at all. You can certainly start a thread about it. I just didn't want to get too much off subject here. As a handicapper I guess it has been around so long that I just consider it part of the game and think I'm very good at spotting horses not well meant for today.

I will add that trainers can give all the instructions they want, but when the gate opens those things usually go out the window.

My concern with Rapid Redux is that it is being made out as some glamorous story, which it isn't. It is being led by shady characters with dubious histories in our sport. As I've said before, if anybody cared about this sport enough to investigate it would be yet another huge black eye on the game. Thankfully, or sadly, nobody cares.

Last edited by cj; 01-07-2012 at 01:27 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)