Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #16
thaskalos

There is a certain mystique surrounding the undefeated top-class horse, especially when this horse has won all its races impressively. And when this horse posts an equally impressive BC Classic win as its swan song...then the mystique can't help but grow, IMO. I don't know if Flightline belongs among racing's "immortals"...I leave such determinations to the "historians" of the sport. As a horseplayer...I am content with my opinion that this horse was the most talented of all the horses that I have ever seen in my 42 years of participation in the game.

When judging the quality of a racehorse...we use "brilliance" and 'consistency' as measuring tools. And Flightline had tons of the former, even if the latter quality was left in some debate due to the economics that govern today's game. In an imperfect world...that's good enough for me.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-18-2022 at 07:48 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)