Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 05:59 PM   #44
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Is it me or is the quality of track replays around the country deteriorating?

Lately, it seems like I'm running into more races where there is no head-on replay even though it says there is one (they show the pan instead of the head-on), there are bushes, trees, mounds of dirt and other obstructions during critical parts of the race so you can't see the full race, the camera work seems so distant you can barely make out which horse is where, during head-on replays they switch from one angle to another at the exact moment the horses are coming into great view so you can see the paths and locations clearly etc..

It's hard enough watching dozens of replays every week, but it's twice as difficult if the quality is poor.

I'm glad you mentioned this as I'd been planning to vent with a similar post several times already and didn't get to it. Adding on to what you said the amount of camera shake at some of these tracks is downright shameful tbh. I understand a number of these shots are from towers around the oval and there are windy days etc etc, but some of this stuff is nuts. Maybe they can't use a tripod or something but even handheld I don't understand why they're all in line ready for a start and whoever is holding the camera is like wearing a gopro on a pogo stick. Let's payout millions in purses and put our feed out there looking like this, smh...

Last edited by MJC922; 09-21-2021 at 06:01 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)