Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #1
Thomas Roulston

Anything New and Exciting at Belmont?

The last time I was at Belmont was in 2014.

With both of my parents having died recently - my mother in October of 2020, my father in January of 2021 - I will be receiving a six-figure inheritance as soon as this week.

The soon as I get it, I will be spending some time in New York City - and while I'm up there I plan on spending a day or two at Belmont Park.

Is there any place where there is heat and/or air conditioning? I was at the 1990 Breeders' Cup at Belmont - and on that day, the wind chill must have been like 10 degrees! And I hardly need to be reminded how hot it can get.

I might even visit Monmouth Park as well.

I'll be staying at the King's Inn in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn - one block from the 39th St/9th Av station on the West End line, convenient to both Manhattan and Staten Island.

Since I disdain crowds, I will probably go to Belmont on a Thursday or a Friday. I like to get to the track early, like 11:30 AM.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement