Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #45
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Everyone simply must view the head-on provided by NYRA website before they take it down...viewing the replay goes far in showing exactly how the uncoupled team effort of Restoring Hope, Noble Indy, and Justify led to the Baffert victory with Justify...you’ll see how the the team functioned to corral and pin early, then impede late while what looks like a purposeful dropping completely out of it...

Especially important to see is the conversation taking place between Javy and Florent at the top of the stretch, at about the 6:50 minute point one the replay, well before the race was completely over...completely distracted from riding their mounts,talking to each other, and looking into the infield, presumably at big screens, probably to see if Justify indeed had held on...never seen anything quite like this before, and is really quite unsettling for me...seems really beyond bad optics in my opinion...

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/replays
I had already watched it. The riders talking did not bother me that much if you are referring to the two riders waay back at around the 1/8th pole.
Because of the scope of the race, I could see them talking or watching the screen and not be upset about it. Talking actually goes on more than most would think especially when they are hopelessly beaten . On a normal day you can usually hear them unless the wind is blowing the voices away. But with that crowd, forget it.
However I can understand your frustration if you equate what they were saying to the nonsense that Geroux was doing early on. That is not cool, it is worse optics and people that want a further explanation about Restoring Hope would have every right to ask questions.
Still want to hear about the Blks. off thing. I find that interesting as well.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)