Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #43
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post
This seems very logical.

Unless the horses are confined to running only in one state, under that state's rules, how can they be moved from jurisdiction to jurisdiction with different reporting requirements? A horse that can legally be juiced or whatever in lets say California, then goes to race in somewhere like Kentucky for instance, that has different set of rules creates a problem. The connections can argue what they did in California is fine since it was under California laws and Kentucky has no right to know what they did. What if they inject a horse with a substance in Cali, then fly the horse to Keeneland and race the next day, is that legal?

Seems like a massive can of worms unless all the tracks operate under one body with one set of reporting criteria and one set of rules.

I drive my car in California and then sometimes will drive to Arizona. They have different speed limits that I must abide by. Should I just ignore the AZ laws because I am from California?

Horse owners/trainers should know the racing rules in every jurisdiction where they want to run there horses. Either a horse qualifies to run in a state or it doesn't. The rules of one state should not override the rules of another state.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)