Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exterminator View Post
Hello all,

I know this is sorta off-topic but I didn't want to drop my post into the political anarchy of the Off-Topic forum...

I am heading to Saratoga on Travers weekend for my bachelor party. I will be there from Friday to Sunday. What would you recommend that I do, both at the track and after the races?

I've been there before but only briefly. I'd like to hear everyone's favorite things about the track, hidden gems, favorite bars, etc. Also any tips about anything - parking, the best hotdogs, what not to do, etc. - let me know!

We'll also be looking for a place to watch the Mayweather/McGregor fight that night. I'm taking three friends who are novice horseplayers but very excited to be going.
Lots of questions to ask before anyone can give you real useful advice. Where are you staying? Is someone driving? Do you have any plan at all for the track e.g., seats, reserved picnic area spot, or just winging it? You looking for action or more on the down-low? Going for dinner Sat night?

Some thoughts no matter what you are doing. Travers Day attendance is capped. You may want to buy tix on Friday. Weather looking absolutely fantastic (bring a sweatshirt and pants). My friends swear by the clams at the track (I've never had). The Horseshoe will be a zoo Friday and Saturday and will be worth it at least one night if you don't mind crowds. You can hang at the track too near the Paddock Bar after the races.

You need to be prepared for Travers Day. If you aren't in line well before the 7am gate crash forget about getting a table. Bring a large cooler that can serve as a table and chairs and claim a spot later in the morning say 9:30-10:00 (my M.O. the past few trips I have made).

If you are looking for action at nights, set a base camp on Caroline St and go from there. It will be packed. Live music abounds- Gaffneys, Dangos, The Parting Glass all will have live music. Druthers a great spot on Broadway also has live music.

Hopefully some of the locals can chime in. I'm getting old and am beyond the bachelor party days, so prefer to hang in the out of the way spots. The Barrel on Beekman is pretty good. Lake Local is a gem (out by the lake with the original Local on Beekman) but definitely not the bachelor party scene.

Be prepared my friend and getcha popcorn ready. You will be feeling it by Sunday if you do it right!
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement