clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
OS?
RAM?
Windows 10 , 8GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
What do you suppose a malware product gains by turning up your usage?
I don't have an understanding of it.
Apparently there is some process called 'mining'

http://crypto.marketswiki.com/index.php?title=Mining

http://crypto.marketswiki.com/index....%20or%20Monero.

basically if it is occurring, it is using processor power (and I don't know if it's just each individual computer, or able to do a parallel thing w/ multiple computers) and running an algorithm to mine bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.

I have no idea how that works. Only that it exists. Feel free to read the page or google it.

OK, reading it;

"many people use similar mining methods to the original bitcoin model, which is based on a function called proof-of-work. In this model, mining cryptocurrency is the process by which users, or nodes within a blockchain network, generate new digital tokens by calculating the validity of a cryptocurrency transaction, which involves using enormous amounts of computing power to solve a cryptographic problem by trial and error. Once the problem is solved, another "block," or cluster of data, is added to the blockchain. Once it's there, it can be viewed by anyone with an Internet connection.[1] As an incentive for contributing to the overall computational power of the blockchain network by verifying transactions, users are sometimes rewarded with cryptocurrency "tokens" or "coins," such as a bitcoin,"

This seems to me like a massively parallel processor network(s), which rewards malicious (or otherwise) contributors of processing power for 'blocks' of work, with bitcoin or other payment as an incentive.

News to me, and I don't have an understanding of it, but my computer behaves in such a way which indicates a significant probability of such malware attempting to use my processor with a program that 'hides' once task manager is opened.

Probably not the place to post this tip, but this is one of my base websites of use, and I don't really care enough to go deeper in tech sites or reddit or wherever. I'm not sure it will be understood or received here, but, it's here to read, and maybe would spur something useful, like the Brave Browser, or talk of multiple processes.

» Advertisement