Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: netflix
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #12
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Been a Netflix subscriber for nearly a decade.

It is a good product, but seriously thinking about dropping. From an investment standpoint, I couldn't invest a dime in them. They have solid original content and exclusive stuff, but the cold hard reality is that they are still 3 months late on anything and everything out of the theater. And if it is anything good, much much later and likely not even a part of what you can view.

If I was to invest, it would be Fandango. They actually get "in the theater" movies, and even before the theater movies. At some point, I see it expanding to "real time" in which they will be able to broadcast actual real time movies the same time they are in the theater for even the good stuff that everybody wants to see.

Many people have theater type stuff in their own home. I'd likely pay double the cost of a new release movie to watch in my own home. Heck, you can package it as a "now" view and sale of having a bought film in your collection for $30 to $40 (maybe even more). Doesn't hurt Hollywood, and eliminates the over-expensive middle man.

All you need now is somebody to make some good popcorn for people at home.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)