View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #62
Sheffwed

I don't want to pry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wow, so much to unpack in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/peterberry57/sta...59155269222404

Talk about a persecution complex. Most of that stuff he listed never actually happened.

But that never stopped anyone on twitter before...

I guess all these years on here that I kept asking why such an excellent announcer like Peter Berry doesn't get picked up for a major circuit gig...there's my answer, all wrapped up in one tidy tweet.

It's not his announcing that's holding him back...that's for sure.

Regardless of whether there's any real back story, Peter Berry is an amazing announcer and should have not had to turn to real estate to make a living part of the time as he shared previously on social media - give the man a break

Mountaineer has managed to provide quality insight and commentary regardless of a variety of ownership changes and cost cutting, and Patterson and Berry deserve all the credit

Berry deserves to announce in a major venue

As for TLG the only explanation of his ongoing gig is that no one in charge cares or is paying attention

I would love to see TLG as a roving guy with a microphone, he'd be great at that - but his "insights" and value as a resource is near zero

Seriously, if there was a poll as to who are the 5 most useless public handicappers in the US, how would he possibly not make it on such a list

This isn't a boxing match, it's quality against quantity

Edited to add: also civility (and being nice and smart when speaking publicly) versus being unnecessarily bitter pretty much all the time for no particular reason (as if that's helpful to NYRA in any way shape or form)

Last edited by Sheffwed; 08-10-2022 at 11:25 AM. Reason: last sentence added
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)