Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: John Imbriale
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 05:16 PM   #202
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbraddick View Post
I remember that and I also remember Wrona's response that involved explaining Vic was not one of 12 announcers chosen to be in some kind of book about race calling that was published maybe 15 years ago.

I also recall in 2011 there was a thread about Tom Durkin and I said something along the lines of that Tom was like the Arnold Palmer of race calling. You listen to him because it is great he is still there. Vic made this out to be an insult and castigated me on here.

What Vic did not know is at the time I was sharing an office with a gentlemen named Mike who Vic had known when Vic was the caller at Gulfstream Park. Mike knew Tom and that afternoon, I called Tom in the booth at Saratoga and told him what I said and he was not offended by it at all. And I have conversed with Tom many times since. In fact in 2018 he kindly made a brief appearance in a promotional video for me.

Vic: That was not the only time you criticized me on here in the past. The difference is this. Back then, I accepted being pushed around. But I learned to stand up for myself. Ever since I did, every single aspect of my life and career has got better. And although nothing in life lasts forever, I am so glad I learned that lesson and have people in my career who have been and still are so genuinely helpful.
SOUNDS GOOD

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)