Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 06:39 AM   #12
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Dissenting opinion here. Not with the personalities mentioned here particularly, I'm just not into the physicality judging. After all, aren't all runners at NYRA dappled out, on the muscle, on their 'toes,' etc. I come from a circuit where swayback, ouchy-looking runners with decent pp's are just as likely to do well as the prettier ones...unless the prettier ones ship in from Lexington or Louisville for an easy score.

Does anyone keep track of the accuracy of paddock reports? That would be way to tedious for any normal person to take on, but public handicappers are certainly subject to close examinations of their accuracy.

To sum, I don't think I have ever, and am unlikely to, change a wager based on a paddock report. I guess I'm part of Andy A's 20%.
They mention several horses when they come on track not just the ones they may have picked earlier in the day. They also have good memories of how the horses looked the last time they raced (The ones best at it take notes on appearance to compare from race to race). Their opinion doesn't cause me to throw out a horse that looks bad unless it's a favorite. And when they point out a longshot of over 10-1 I might put them underneath in a vertical wager. This is the only information you can't get on your own if you're not there and because of their experience even if I was there I couldn't read the horses as well as they can.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)