Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #132
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Green mountain was pretty cool. When I went there one night with my cousin following a losing day at Saratoga they were running the dogs then, it was probably late 80s. I never suspected it would be closing down shortly after and I was looking forward to going back someday. I remember it now and then and think that was a cool little track that I'd like to take my kids to sometime, but it's abandoned today. Hard to believe how fast life passes us by.
https://obscurevermont.com/the-old-g...peculiarities/

Yeah , it was nice. Had horses and the dogs with the occasional rock concert. Nothing but a grandstand 🏟 and tumble weeds now. In 2020 there was a suspicious “fire” that permanently did it in from any hope of return. The article talks about us folks from the “Flatlands” and if you have a NY plate on your car one of them might call you a “Flatlander”. But the place was beautiful back in the day.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)