Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 10:58 PM   #95
thespaah

Atlantic City
Bowieyears
Garden State ( New)
I guess, in a technical sense, Meadowlands. They don't have a Thoroughbred Meet anymore..
Birmingham Turf Club...When I lived in Hilton Head SC, this was the closest parimutel facility..About 400 miles....Yes, JAX dog tracks were closer. But in the early, 90's Florida Dog tracks had not all yet offered simulcast wagering.
A word about Birmingham. This was a very nice racetrack. It had good sized crowds, The racing was formful. I did not know this, but years later I found out that Larry Collmus got his start in calling races there.

Harness
Liberty Bell,
Brandywine( arguably the best landscaped cleanest racetrack I had visited ) Notwithstanding Keeneland and Saratoga.
Roosevelt..This one I miss the most, RR had its own uniqueness. More steeply banked than most other half milers to give the outside posts a better chance.
And there was what was affectionately known as "Westbury Tote"....The infield tote board listed a range of win , place and show payoffs. As opposed to the traditional amount bet to each pool.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)