Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 02:29 PM   #21
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
If it is a gasoline generator with a carburetor the ethanol in the gas is the enemy if you allow such an engine to sit for long periods of time, gasoline will also go bad after time also, but it usually takes years. Gasoline without ethanol is available here and there or you can use a fuel treatment. The ethanol will hold water which will corrode the common brass parts in a carburetor and block small passages.

Once they bumped up the ethanol in the gas all of a sudden I was rebuilding carbs on my small gas engine equipment frequently until I started using fuel treatment.

It doesn't effect fuel interjected engines because they run with much higher fuel pressure, even more than a carbureted car engine with a mechanical pump. Most generators are gravity fed or have a diaphragm pump, about as strong as an old man's urine flow.
I run all my small gasoline-powered machines with e-free gas only -- lawnmowers, wheedwhackers, trimmers, blowers, everything! It's relatively easy to get down here since many boaters like to use e-free gas also.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)