Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: POPS&TIPS
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Well, in this he has programmed 77 tips and 33 subsets of tips. So it's not just the Pops part, plus he also includes the 2 you mentioned. $277 is only good for 17 days they say, then it goes up.
And it's likely that you can get the software for that price for the next 17 months. It's also possible that the price will go down, once the supply of people willing to pay $277 is gone.

I wonder how many of these pops/tips are similar to Steve Wolson's paper and pencil methods or Chuck Blaskower's many methods? I printed a screen of Powerline in some thread. If I remember, only one of the 24 methods was above an ROI of 0.90; the rest were between 0.76 and 0.88. I also remember modeling BLaskower's Power Zap over a calendar month and about 16 tracks. None of his 12 or 13 methods reached 0.90, either, and some were sub 0.70.

I subscribe to HTR and CJ's program, and I'm currently evaluating JCapper. All have at least six months of data in their respective databases. HTR and JCapper each have dozens of rankable factors, and CJ's program has eight that I can think of. No factor produced by any of them shows a positive ROI, although a few do hit in the low 90's. These are, in my opinion, three of the top five thoroughbred handicapping programs on the planet, and none of them is a black box that shows a profit.

The point is that if the most powerful programs on the planet can't produce a positive ROI, and if the countless prevous attempts of Messrs. Blaskower, Wolson, Worth, etc. can't produce a positive ROI, why would anybody expect this program to do any better? The trap that many users will fall into is to find small subsets (i.e. claimers racing at 6 furlongs at Philadelphia) that one or another of its many systems has a high win rate and/or a healthy ROI, and go banging away on it. Unfortunately, what backfits well seldom works forwardly, and a lot of purchasers of this kind of program are going to lose far more than the $277 they spend on it.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most