Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 10:43 PM   #42
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
What they need is some sort of “pension” plan funded by a small percentage of any winnings.
I used to think that was a great idea. What will happen is that somebody will take that money to "retire" a horse, then a year later you will find those "retired" horses out at farms in middle of nowhere, starving to death, or neglected and needing veterinary care.

As the years go by.........you know........

I don't know Dina and I don't know the story firsthand, but if she did get in over her head, she won't be the first person in any kind of animal rescue to have that happen to.

You can't take care of problems like this on a shoestring without staff and an actual budget, as well as solid regulations and laws to help you and support you, good legal staff and a good board of directors who stands behind your efforts, etc. I've also seen various rescue orgs, who should all be working toward the same goals, "go after" each other due to ego, etc.

It's like throwing somebody to the dogs otherwise.

Last edited by clicknow; 09-07-2018 at 10:51 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)