Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #48
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
If you get the brother printer (I have the Brother MFC-9130CW) do not replace the cartridge when the printer says to replace. The replace warning is based on page count. You can reset the page count to zero and use all the ink in the cartridge...I did that and it is like filling your gas tank to get more miles per gallon so to speak..FYI you don't get more mpg on your car just more miles but with the ink you get more pages per cartridge...You will use more black another FYI

Stuball
While this is true, it isn't exactly true. The machine should indicate "toner near end" or something similar many pages prior to indicating "toner life end".(actually, there is a particular page count at some point AFTER it says Near End. That is just a warning to get a new one ready.

At 'toner life end' or 'replace cart", is does look at page count, but it indicates 'near end' prior to that by checking the level/density of toner inside the cartridge. I advise to replace it if the copies/prints are coming out lighter when it says "toner end" since it is easy to scratch or damage your expensive drum at that point. The toner acts like a lubricant against the drum and if not enough is present, the drum may get damaged. Otherwise, just reset the message and continue running until the prints get lighter, then replace it at that point. There are several ways to 'cheat ' the system in these devices.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)