Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #43
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"I am not a Greek...I am a citizen of the world", declared Socrates some 2,400 years ago. And I concur. I travel to Europe on a regular basis...and have never met anyone there who "hates the guts" of the American citizens who are walking the streets. Nor have I met any American citizens who "hate the guts" of their Russian, or French, or British, or Italian, or Greek counterparts. When the citizens of the different countries point the accusing finger at each other's nations, they are blaming GOVERNMENTS...and not the citizens at large.

No one in Europe hates the Americans for placing their country first...for the mere fact that the Europeans themselves ALSO place their countries first. "Nationalism" is hardly a United States phenomenon. It is a WORLDWIDE delusion. Will we ever stop falling for this "fake news" bullshit that the press always parades before us? How different from the Russian, or the French, or the British, or the Italian, or the Greek citizens...do we really think we are?
If you're referring to my post I don't quite literally mean hating anyone's guts, though I'm sure some do. I've traveled Europe also, perhaps you and I don't see the same people. I do know this..ask any 18-50 year old European citizen how they feel about Americans and 9 out of 10 will be negative. Before and after Trump.
Trump's mouth isn't his strong suit. He has done a hell of a lot of good for the country though since becoming POTUS. Its kinda nice for a change to see progress and growth. Sure beats a brilliant speaker like Obama that turns everything he touches into shit.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)