Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Ban On Lasix
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #8
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
The time for this is getting nearer. And once again, when this is brought up, the horsemen and trainers say "We need it, for the welfare of the horses." And yes, it is a subject that has been hashed around a thousand times. One thing I find interesting is that they are stating that handicappers oppose the banning of this drug. I for one think of it this way. If the trainers and horsemen want it so badly, then give it to them. But as a compromise, they have to give up all other drugs. Meaning that a horse, in order to pass a pre-race drug test, cannot have any other drug in its system, at any level. The other choice is to ban lasix, and lower the amount of other drugs allowed in a horses system to 0. To me, lasix is really a non-issue, it is the ability to stack other drugs, that is my major concern.
Re: The bolded part of the above quote --

Horseplayers have actually been polled several times about whether or not they favor abolishing raceday meds including lasix.

The Jockey Club hired McKinsey & Co. to do it in advance of their Round Table one year at Saratoga. We at HANA have surveyed horseplayers several times as well (dating back to 2009.)

The interesting thing to me is that in each of those polls approximately 70% of horseplayers indicated they were in favor of abolishing raceday meds including lasix.

Carry on...

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 12-01-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)