Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 01:40 PM   #28
paulbenny

I appreciate the expertise provided here especially on the stats because I have only gotten through 2019.

When I have a horse, if I ever do, I will pay Bill Mott to train him not Saffie Joseph with a likely higher day rate. That helps me quite a bit. Clearly the consensus is Saffie is a very good trainer, but he is not for me.

My thinking is if Lunsford was using Saffie or had used one of those 200 others (it would be great to see the list), it might move me in that direction, vs Iavarone who used to use Richard Dutrow Jr. and also had that Baltas situation at one point. I follow those who have a lot of credibility on things like this.

I was not well informed to think anything other than that because 200 trainers are like him in the last whatever number of years that they are all over the place. Thanks!

For those who own horses that have a lot of money and spend 500K, turn them over to Saffie and those other 200 who won a disproportionate percentage of races relative to field size because that is what it is all about because of their superior training skills.

As to the Saratoga rip, I worked in the mutuels department and was not doing it to use that as a prop. I also helped build out ADWs. I just did it to learn things that you would see inside operations and I now substantially more than the average person wagering. I did it to learn like I am here.

I learned a lot. Good luck with Saffie Joseph as he moves forward accumulating massive amounts of purse winnings!
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)