Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #649
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
That’s that.......your government at work

“The Broward Sheriff’s Office captain who initially took charge of the chaotic scene at a Parkland high school where 17 people were killed told deputies to form a perimeter around the deadly scene — which they did instead of going in to confront the shooter, according to a partial BSO dispatch log obtained by the Miami Herald.

Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has said BSO training and nationwide active-shooter procedure call for armed law enforcement officers to confront shooters immediately rather than secure a scene.

The document raises fresh questions about the department’s handling of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14.”
I asked before and I'll ask again. If all the above is true, and it appears that it is, why was the first deputy tagged with "didn't go in" resign so quickly, if in fact he was doing what he was told by his superiors?

That's what's so weird to me...in the days following his resignation, it became clearer and clearer that he was simply following procedure. I don't understand why he fell on his sword so quickly.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most