Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The only thing I will add, these guys have covered it well, is do not ignore longshots that do well in the simulator. I bought my wife a new car once using the sim picks on Preakness day

The only weakness in using the simulator is that it doesn’t deal with track to track adjustments very well. Class is a factor here also.

Example:

Horse coming from Mountaineer to a Nyra etc. that horse can look golden in the sim off a big race at the mountain, but the tracks surfaces are so different, they run like shit in NY or out west. But it can go the other way too. Once you get used to it, you can spot horses that are going run better than the sim predicts. It just takes practice.

I highly recommend picking your own pace lines. The app lets you automatically do it, but if you pick the pacelines based on how you think the horse will run today, you will get more price horses once you get the hang of it. The app will sometimes pick a paceline for a horse, where the horse had a terrible trip, you want to choose another in that case.

I don’t play much anymore, but when I do I’m looking for longshots that do well in the equisim simulator. Especially on Breeders cup or Triple crown cards. They aren’t out there like they used to be, but while in Vegas last year on business we found some time in the sports book. ES pointed me out a nice $50 horse from the sim......a front runner who stayed on.....it was fun.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)