Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
GMB@BP

2/03/18 Holy Bull Stakes, 8.5F, Gulfstream Park

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...20180203&RN=12

Timeform Figures 1/4-120 1/2-120 3/4-115 1m-118 Final Fig-120

Analysis – Audible: In general I find the very even distribution of final time and pace the most reliable for judging a horses ability. In this case the race pace was solid every step of the way, with a final time that was equally solid. There was no reason that horses in this race had to not run their race from a pace standpoint, unless that is of course they needed a Pace Advantage to do so. Audible was a complete unknown off his NY form, it was a bit suspicious (NY breds, off the turf race) but he did have solid figures. He was bet pretty heavy though which should have been a good clue. And like most of the Pletcher horses at GP after a sustained drive he rebroke at the top of the stretch. At face value all I can do is say this was solid. He was close to real pace, he finished up fast, earned a solid 119 TUS figure and I have no reason to not take it for just that….but it should be noted on the barn is running out of their skin right now, and usually this regresses in April and May at Kee and NY. I know Always Dreaming did not, well not till after the first Sat in May, but I would not fault anyone who is skeptical of this horse. It cant be off this effort, it was great.

Free Drop Billy: I thought it interesting how this horse was bet, which was pretty heavy. He only had 4 published works and this certainly felt like a prep race but he made a menacing turn move before not keeping up with the winner. Now he was probably a bit short, lost to the Pletcher horse who aired but I am encouraged by this effort, TUS of 113 I can see moving up a few points based on what I stated and 2L next time, betable and continues to be a contender for the Derby.

Enticed/Into Mischief: I was against these two coming in as I rated the JC race at CD much lower in my mind. I saw nothing that makes me think either one of these horses are major players or want to go further.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png HolyBull.png (67.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)