Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
GMB@BP

Derby Preps-TimeformUS figures

Timeform released their spreadsheet of the 18' Derby Preps. I wanted to track the Derby Preps and make commentary using their figures for all the prep races starting the first of the year. So some of this is rehash of previous races but will add each weekend. Feel free to rip my opinions, I dont take it personally.

Spreadsheet of all Derby Preps - https://timeformus.files.wordpress.c...8/01/derby.png

1/6/18 Sham Stakes, 8.5F, Santa Anita

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180106&RN=5

Timeform Figures 1/4-108 1/2-108 3/4-113 Final Fig-122

Analysis - McKinzie: Its always tough to tell how good horses like McKinzie are off running lines like this. The pace was slow, almost crawling, he was kept wide both turns and inhaled the easy leaders whenever he wanted, drawing off to record a 122 (119 pace adjusted) final figure. I tend to view this in a more positive light, that an ultra talanted horse settled nicely and used his skill to run off and record a fine final time. Yes its not as impressive as stalking fast pace and running off like he did, but at least he did what he was supposed to. This is not the first fast race he has run, in fact all his races are fast. At this point this is just a serious horse for serious connections. He still has some growing up with the whole tail swishing, and if this is not a case of going sour and he figures it all out, look out.

All Out Blitz: with McKinzie taking back he became lone speed and set dawdling pace, held to run a very average second. I will be completely against this horse next out, and he likely brings value to any pool he is in off this dressed up running line.

My Boy Jack: was up close inside most of the trip, when they quickened he could not and just plugged away. I would consider him next in a return to turf.

Shivermetimbers: Very disappointing effort. Was his mdn fig a bit high? Does he want to stalk a bit more and try to finish? Either way there was no excuse to run this bad and the trouble was not relevant. He runs in the Lewis and if you think a different tactic will revert to his previous top figures he is playable but he had no excuse at all.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png Sham.png (72.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)