Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #17
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Yonkers does 1-1/4-mile races on Sunday matinees with 10-horses (2 trailers).
They're for trotters and are simulcast to France.
Has boosted handle quite a bit.
Not sure how it's affected the bias toward speed and inside posts.
Pandy would most probably be able to answer that for us.
______

My thought on this overall topic is also whether MGM will try to eliminate horses entirely as soon as they can.
Or is thereanything in the condition of the sale that they keep racing alive on-site?

I don't have the stats on the post positions for the mile and a quarter trot races, but they are definitely much less speed biased. And, I'm pretty sure that posts 6, 7, and 8 do a little better. At the mile and a quarter distance, the driver who has sharp horse inside, for instance, post 1, can't just gun hard to the lead because he won't have anything left, since the race is longer. So consequently, it makes it easier for an outside post leaver to leave and get the top.

Another big difference in the mile and a quarter trot races, in many of them, they go with 10 horse fields instead of 8, with two in the second tier. So the outside flow starts immediately. Overall, it's a much more competitive race from start to finish, when compared to the one mile races.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)