Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
When Smith originally became a free agent, after playing for a poorly managed and dysfunctional 49ers team, I was praying that the Jets would sign him. But now as the age of 33, I agree with you, if I were a Skins fan, this signing would not be exciting.

Smith can win with a stacked team, but the Redskins have a ton of holes to plug. Even if they weren't dysfunctional and owned by Dan Snyder they would at least need a couple years of good drafts to build a contender.
To pay what amounts to a stop gap who turns 34 before next season $23.5 mil a year is just plain dumb. Alex Smith is not the guy who can carry an over matched team to victory. The only upside is he won't make a bunch of mistakes and get his team run off the field. The Redskins will probably be good bets next year as double digit underdogs.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)