Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 07:15 AM   #49
boxcar

Joe Manchin drops Christmas bomb on Democrats, says he will not support Biden's Build Back Better Act

And one of the big reasons why he can't support the BBBA is:

"I've always said this: If I can't go home and explain it to the people of West Virginia, I can't vote for it. And I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. I just can't," Manchin said. "I've tried everything humanly possible. I can't get there.This is a no on this legislation," Manchin added. "I have tried everything I know to do."

And,

"My Democratic colleagues in Washington are determined to dramatically reshape our society in a way that leaves our country even more vulnerable to the threats we face. I cannot take that risk with a staggering debt of more than $29 trillion and inflation taxes that are real and harmful to every hard-working American at the gasoline pumps, grocery stores and utility bills with no end in sight," Manchin explained....

In fact, Manchin said that Democrats are being dishonest about the true cost of the "Build Back Better" bill.

"The American people deserve transparency on the true cost of the Build Back Better Act. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office determined the cost is upwards of $4.5 trillion which is more than double what the bill's ardent supporters have claimed. They continue to camouflage the real cost of the intent behind this bill," Manchin explained.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/joe-ma...reaking%20News

Oh...that was harsh, Joe. You just accused your fellow dimwits of being liars.

Joe Manchin better hire an army of security guards because right now because to the dimwit party he is worth far more to them DEAD than alive. If something were to happen to Joe, the bill to radically "reshape society" would become law.

Meanwhile...I have to think there are more than a few very sweet and lucrative incentives being offered to the RINOS in the senate to get one of them to flip. So...celebration at this point in time could be premature.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)