Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Breeders Cup
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
This years Breeders Cup is headed to be one of the best ever, in terms of wide open races.

There are very few dominant favorites. Even a horse like Bellafina and Game Winner hardly feel dominant talents.

Should be a fun betting day. Not all that great for crowning champions but being honest the event has lost a lot the past decade.
Agreed, Tom pretty much said the same thing too. For people like us that try to make money betting......this could actually be a good 2 days. Its an open season on who will probably win. Just look at the Jockey Gold Cup and Discreet Lover. With all the retirements and defections that thing was wide open after the two front runners dueled each other into submission. When Thunder Snow got bobbed out that cost me the pick 4 so I will be paying close attention to the craziest of horses. Somethings going to break wide open on the tote board in one or more of those races.

As for calling it "Championships" that's somewhat of a joke. In this regard, I sort of wish they went to the old format and dumped the BC all together. For crying out loud, these days, these horses are done by late summer. You can see it by the way they perform...…if they even make it racing that long. The 3yo division is pretty much down to Mendelssohn this year and he left his guts out there the other day.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most