Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #61
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet52
Nice job finessing your way out of having to stand up for yourself. You attack me by naming some unknowns on another message board, then can't be bothered to make your own case. I actually thought of you as one of the best posters on this board, up until today.
Dude, you asked me why I would not post such a thing on a gambling message board like you posted, and I said it was because what you posted was so far out of reality, that I would never be able to type those words.

Clearly I am not alone, as two people here think you are Fred Pope.

Gambling on skill games is all vig. Nothing else, vig, vig, vig. If poker raked 30% out of the pools there would be no poker on television. If football games were pk -210 and -210 there would be no football betting. You can get high vig in games like lotteries, but lottery players are not gamblers.

In 2002, the skill game market, with low vig games is estimated at $100B worldwide. by 2012 it is estimated to be 500% bigger. Yes, bigger by a factor of five - so much for that bad economy. It is because vig has gotten lower and lower, not higher, and gamblers are rational consumers and flock to low vig.

It is why, as I posted, when horseplayers go to Wong's board, or two plus two and state something about horse racing, 4 out of 5 skill game gamblers respond "how can you play that game at 20% takeouts, spend your time doing something worthwhile."

When a $500B market thinks you are nuts to play a game because of the vig, and your customers are 2% of the market and falling, your post makes no sense. It is so far out of reality, that every poster here noticed immediately.

Last edited by DeanT; 09-12-2010 at 01:08 AM.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)