Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #89
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Three days? In your dreams. If you are going to take actions to elicit change then prepare to be engaged for the next year. This is not an easy road to travel because in most cases it involves giving up something that has become ingrained in a horseplayer's behavior due to habit or compulsion or just something to do. With a few exceptions, the racing product in California is so putrid that it deserves no money. There are plenty of good alternatives available for bettors that include a better product and lower costs.

If you want something that is "easy" then this is not the fight to sign up for . Look at what's happened here: The TOC and racing associations with the blessing of the CHRB have proven that they have the political clout to get whatever piece of our money they want. Were we consulted? Were our emails to elected representatives considered? Of couse not. Hell, they just took it! Yet their actions prove that our money is very important to them. And, because of that, we must recognize that our money is the only bargaining chip that we have. We must make our money the issue. On our terms. And, giving them NONE of it for any of their pools and showing complete disregard for their product is the only way we have a chance to gain a seat at the industry table that is equal in stature to the seats held by the TOC, racing associations and the CHRB.

If we do this maybe California will come to their senses, overhaul their product, reform their attitudes about takeout and stop reverting to their model of protecting the status quo. And, maybe the next time that Jeff Platt goes before the CHRB to make an intelligent presentation on horseplayers' behalf, that he will be received with respect instead of being subjected to ridicule and insult.
All due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. If something is called for it will most likely be for a short period at first.

As far as what is easy and what is not easy I doubt that anyone other than rwwupl has made a stronger effort than myself to change things in California over the last couple of years. I don't expect you to know that but that's a fact.

I'm very aware of what happened to Jeff. I sent this out to Brackpool and several other notables in California on July 23rd in response to what happened. Did you send anything out?

Regarding this thing with Jeff Platt and Barry Meadow of the Horseplayers Association I'd like to know who the hell Brackpool thinks he is?

The CHRB went back on their word regarding the takeout hike at Los Alamitos. They are a dishonest bunch who fixes the outcome of the meetings before they happen. Brackpool ought to apologize for treating Jeff that way.

Brackpool blew it on this one and ought to get the hell out if he's going to treat Horseplayers/the people of California this way. If you can't stand the heat Mr. Brackpool then take a hike and hand the CHRB over to Stronach.

What a group here in California. Disgrace after disgrace. And the hits keep coming.

Thanks for nothing again,

Andy

Last edited by andymays; 09-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)