Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
I think they figured out that they can't make it another full year with the Pro Ride. The problems with it are probably too great to go beyond Oak Tree.
I agree, that's why I think if they wait until Nov 1 to start that gives them all of September and October to fiddle faddle around and come up with a reason not to switch. Also, why sink one more dime into Pro Ride to gussy up in time for Oak Tree...if you're going to switch Nov 1?

They haven't, if the lack of public works is a sign, been training over the track, and with the racing moving to Pomona...why not start now (lease issues with Oak Tree notwithstanding)?

They've starting some work on the base there already, no? Is it possible that they've found something and maybe crunched the numbers and figured switch to dirt is actually more cost effective...that to properly refurb the Pro Ride they'd basically have to do like 2/3 of the work they'd need to do to switch to dirt anyway?

Also, I'd love the opinion of any horsemen here on how many days of training you would want before you felt OK racing over a brand new dirt surface.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)